- How do I access an eBook?
- Reading the ePDF on a computer
- Downloading the ePDF directly to an iPhone or iPad using Bluefire Reader
- Reading on an Android device using Aldiko Book Reader
- I dropped my class or no longer need my eBook, can I get a refund?
North America: Fairchild Books eBooks are available on Bloomsbury Fashion Central in two formats:
- In XML, which means you can view it directly on the BFC website. After logging into www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com, select your textbook from My Course Materials and use the Table of Contents to read the eBook directly in your browser.
- In ePDF format, which you can download to your desktop or other device to read when you’re not online. Please refer to the guidance below for details on how to do this *
If you are renting an eBook, the rental period begins at the time of purchase. Access will expire at the end of the period of rental, after which time you will no longer be able to access content either online or via the PDF.
Once you click the initial Download eBook button on the textbook’s Table of Contents page, you only have 1 week to complete the download. Read the below instructions carefully before you proceed.
* IMPORTANT: To read eBooks in ePDF format you will need first to download the free Adobe Digital Editions software and create an Adobe account. Without this software you will not be able to open the eBook.
- Create a free Adobe Digital ID using the same email address that you used to create your www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com account. It is crucial that the email address is the same-- if the email addresses do not match, then you will not be able to open the eBook file that you have purchased.
- Download the free eBook reader software Adobe Digital Editions and create an account.
- During the Adobe Digital Editions installation process you will be asked to Authorize Your Computer – select "Adobe ID" as the eBook Vendor and enter the Adobe ID you created in Step 1.
- Go to www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com and sign in.
- In the My Course Materials section, click on the relevant title to be brought to the book's Table of Contents page.
- Click on the "Download eBook" link, located in the upper right portion of the page.
- This will open a web page – at the bottom of the screen, click Download eBook now.
- Click on the downloaded file (the file will have "Acsm" at the beginning of the file name).
- The eBook will automatically download and open in Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. The eBook will automatically be stored in a "My Digital Editions" folder on your computer (in My Documents folder on Windows, Documents on a Mac). It's very important to let the file download to "My Digital Editions".
- You can then transfer the eBook from your computer to a compatible device– your eBook can be stored on up to 6 devices (including your computer).
**Adobe Digital Editions is not the same as Adobe Reader XI. If the eBook is automatically trying to open with Adobe Reader XI, you may need to change your default reader on your computer.
Note that you only have to follow steps 1 and 2 the first time that you download an eBook from www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com.
3. How do I download the ePDF directly to an iPhone or iPad using Bluefire Reader?
Please note that the Bluefire Reader app requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Create an Adobe account if you haven’t done so already.
- Download the free Bluefire Reader app from the Apple iTunes store.
- Ensure the Bluefire Reader app is authorized with your Adobe username and password.
- Go the book eReader page
- Click the “eBook download” link.
- This will open a web page – click "Download eBook now". If you do not see the web page, you will also receive an email with a "Download your Bloomsbury eBook" link.
- You may then be given an option to open a browser, such as Chrome or Safari.
- If you choose to use Chrome, you will be taken to a page with the option to download the eBook. Once you click on the link, an Acsm file will appear at the bottom of the page. After you click to download it, you will be given the option to open it. You will then click "Open in…" and select Bluefire Reader.
- If you choose to use Safari, you will be taken to a page with the option to download the eBook. At this point, it is not necessary to click the link. You will instead click the compass icon in the lower-right area of the screen, which will redirect you a similar page as before. At this point, you will click on the download eBook link and will then be taken to a page with the Acsm file and the option to click "Open in Bluefire Reader."
- Click Open in… and select “Bluefire Reader”.
- Alternatively you can drag and drop the eBook file into the Bluefire App in iTunes when your device is connected to your desktop.
Note that you only have to follow steps 1 and 2 the first time that you download an eBook from bloomsburyfashioncentral.com.
- Download the free Aldiko Book Reader from Google Play.
- Using the navigation menu on the top left of the screen, select “About”.
- Select “Adobe DRM” and enter your Adobe ID details.
- Connect your device to the computer that has Adobe Digital Editions installed.
- Go to the “My Digital Editions” folder on your computer and select the eBook you have purchased from bloomsburyfashioncentral.com. In Windows this is stored in My Documents, and Documents on a Mac.
- Copy the eBook file into the internal or external storage of your device. (Whether this is internal or external will depend on your device model.) Using the folder explorer, put the eBook files in the "Digital Editions" folder of your phone.
- On your phone, in the Aldiko Book Reader app, go to Files, and scroll to "Digital Editions." The eBooks should appear in that folder.
For assistance, please contact customer service.
You cannot receive a refund on digital materials. Please see the “Renting An Ebook Or Other Digital Content” section in our Terms & Conditions for more information.