- How are STUDIOs related to Bloomsbury Fashion Central?
- Which books have STUDIOs? What does each STUDIO include?
- I have adopted a Fairchild Books title for course use but it doesn't have a STUDIO. Will it eventually have a STUDIO to accompany the text and if so, when?
- I've adopted a text and will use the print version. How long does my STUDIO access last?
II. Accessing STUDIO
- Where can I access a book’s STUDIO? How can I access it if I don’t have an access card?
- How do I access instructor resources?
- How do my students purchase STUDIO? What are the pricing options and for what periods is the STUDIO available?
- Some of my students purchased the adopted textbook but it didn't come with a STUDIO access card. How do they get access to STUDIO content?
- How do I get STUDIO access for my teaching assistants?
III. Using STUDIO
- How do I incorporate STUDIO assignments into my syllabus?
- Are there materials that I can pass along to my students to help them access the textbooks and STUDIOS?
- I see there are quizzes in my STUDIO. Can I export the results to my gradebook?
- Does STUDIO content integrate with my school's LMS?
- What titles will be coming in the future?
STUDIOs are rich media ancillaries, such as self-quizzes with personalized results, flashcards, timelines, maps, and videos, designed to help you learn and retain the information you read in your Fairchild Books textbook. STUDIOs are included with new textbook purchases at no additional cost, or can be purchased instantly online or as an “access card” sold in your university or college bookstore.
Please contact your Account Manager to get more information as to which books have STUDIOs and what they include. If a book has a STUDIO with it, information as to what the STUDIO includes will be located on that particular book’s webpage on Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
It is possible that a STUDIO will be available with your current textbook or future editions of a textbook you are currently using. Please contact your Account Manager with inquiries.
Instructors will have perpetual access to the eBook once you have adopted the text. Please contact your Account Manager who can give you perpetual access. STUDIO perpetual access is coming soon, but for now will need to be renewed every 12 months. Please contact your Account Manager to renew your STUDIO if it is expired.
First confirm with your Account Manager or on the book’s webpage whether the particular book has STUDIO resources. If so, you may access a book’s STUDIO resources in four places:
1) as part of the eBook resources in ‘My Account’
2) integrated within the eBook’s table of contents
3) in the STUDIO-only contents
4) upon login under ‘My Course Materials’
Instructors do not need an access card to gain access to STUDIO resources – you may access STUDIO by submitting an exam/desk copy or instructor resources request for the particular book through Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
To gain access to instructor resources, please first create an account on Bloomsbury Fashion Central. Then visit the specific book’s webpage on the platform and in the instructor’s module on the right hand side of the page, please select "Instructor Resources" and click request. Your request will be reviewed by our sales team and approved or denied by your Account Manager. Please note that access is granted at the discretion of the sales team.
If you don’t see the “Instructor Resources” option, contact your Account Manager.
Students can purchase STUDIO through the Fairchild Books bookstore on Bloomsbury Fashion Central or by purchasing a STUDIO access card for a particular book. STUDIO access cards are included free for students with purchase of a new textbook + STUDIO bundle. STUDIO is available for 12 months from activation.
If your bookstore orders the pack ISBN, every copy will contain an access card. Students purchasing a new copy without a card, should return it before removing the shrink wrap and replace it with a pack. Packs will be shrink-wrapped with unique ISBNs so it will be easy to see whether a student purchased a pack or standalone book. Alternatively, students can purchase STUDIO “Instant Access” through Bloomsbury Fashion Central if they purchased a used textbook that did not include an access card.
Your teaching assistants will need to register and create an account through Bloomsbury Fashion Central and submit a request on the particular book’s webpage for access to the STUDIO resources pending approval by the appropriate Account Manager.
Instructor resources included in most Fairchild texts, including the Instructor Guide and PowerPoint, will help you incorporate assignments and more into your syllabus. Links to chapters and STUDIOs can be inserted into the syllabus as well.
Yes. Please contact your Account Manager to receive our ‘First Day of Class’ PowerPoints that will help you and your students with STUDIO.
You can download the results to your folders on Bloomsbury Fashion Central, but at this time, you cannot export the results outside of the site.
Not at this time, although it is planned for next phase development. In the meantime, instructors can insert links to Bloomsbury Fashion Central content into an LMS syllabus.
We will be adding new titles with STUDIOs every season. To get updates about upcoming titles, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook or Twitter. You can also look at our catalog to see our upcoming titles.