**This information pertains to any institution that previously subscribed to Berg Fashion Library through Oxford University Press.
From May 2016, Berg Fashion Library relaunches on a revitalized platform with state-of-the-art functionality. This step by step guide is designed to help customers transition over to the new site as seamlessly as possible.
As soon as you move to the new Berg Fashion Library, you and your subscribers will immediately benefit from the following:
- Integration with Bloomsbury Fashion Central, an online platform for fashion educators, students, and researchers that will also include the Fashion Photography Archive and Fairchild Books Library* in one cross-searchable resource
- Modern, intuitive interface with sophisticated functionality,and new user tools facilitating easier, more efficient navigation
- New! Exhibition Archive, launching with Valentino: Master of Couture from Somerset House and Killer Heels: the Art of the High-Heeled Shoe from Brooklyn Museum
- New content, including c.20 new fashion eBooks coming mid 2016
- One sales liaison for all Bloomsbury’s fashion, design, arts and humanities platforms, including Fairchild Books Library*, Fashion Photography Archive, Bloomsbury Collections, Drama Online and Bloomsbury Design Library.
You will continue to benefit from:
- Personalization, lesson plans, bibliographic guides, eBook collections, and 13,000 images, including new partnerships with Kerry Taylor Auctions, the Valentine Museum's renowned Costume & Textile Collection, and more images from Los Angeles County Art Museum
- Content will continue to be updated three times a year
* Available outside North America
- Access methods
- Updating links and bookmarks
- MARC Records and DOIs
- Usage statistics
- Browser compatibility
- Publicity and marketing toolkit
- Contact details
Bloomsbury Publishing (the publisher of the Berg Fashion Library) took over the distribution of the Berg Fashion Library from OUP as of 1 April 2016. Customers will transition to Bloomsbury as their distributor in advance of the website migration. This section provides more information about what this change means for current, and future, subscribers.
After 31 March 2016, Oxford University Press will no longer be handling renewals or new subscriptions to the Berg Fashion Library. If you are a current subscriber, when your subscription is up for renewal you should contact Bloomsbury Publishing directly.
Then, starting 1 May 2016, Bloomsbury Publishing will perform all of OUP’s obligations under the terms of their existing license, taking over full responsibility for delivering the Berg Fashion Library to all customers. Beginning in May, all customer service queries should be directed to Bloomsbury, including, for example, questions about content updates, access, renewals, and changes to the website.
For clarity, the timeline is as follows:
1 April 2016: Bloomsbury takes over renewals and new subscriptions
1-30 April 2016: direct customer service queries for existing subscriptions to OUP; renewals and new subscription queries go to Bloomsbury
1 May 2016: Bloomsbury takes full responsibility for all customer service. Direct all queries to Bloomsbury
May 2016 (TBC): New Berg Fashion Library site available on the Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform; both old and new Berg Fashion Library sites run in tandem for a period to allow libraries to transition to the new site
Subscribers do not need to take any action at this time. There will not be any interruption to your access to the Berg Fashion Library as a result of the shift in responsibility. Bloomsbury will keep you informed about future enhancements or changes, including the upcoming migration to the Bloomsbury Fashion Central site later in 2016.
Please note that existing OUP customers will have access to all historical usage data through April 2016 via the OUP customer librarian portal until 1 May 2017.
If you are an existing OUP customer, feel free to reach out to your regular customer service contact at Oxford if you have a question until end of April, then starting in May 2016 you should contact Bloomsbury directly.
To keep fully updated about the new site, along with future update and offers, please sign up to the Berg Fashion Library Newsletter.
Accessing Berg Fashion Library
IP Authentication will function for both the existing and the new Berg Fashion Library sites. Bloomsbury will be contacting all existing subscribers to ensure that we have the correct IP ranges in place; customers with queries or updates are asked to contact Bloomsbury via the OnlineSales email listed below.
Athens and Shibboleth
MyAthens and Shibboleth will continue to function on the new Berg Fashion Library site. Note that if you have WAYF-less URLs in place on your intranet or similar resource, these will need to be re-generated to now point to the Bloomsbury SAMS service.
Username and Password
Existing users of Bloomsbury Digital products will be able to use their existing usernames and passwords to access Berg Fashion Library. For Berg Fashion Library subscribers who are new to Bloomsbury then new usernames and passwords will need to be set up.
If you currently offer access via EZProxy, you will need to update your ezproxy.cfg file for Berg Fashion Library as follows:
Please contact us at the OnlineSales email addresses below if you need assistance.
Note that trusted URL authentication is standard and should pose no issue for the migration.
The user will need to update bookmarks manually by visiting the new site and locating the appropriate pages. We advise that bookmarks be updated as soon as possible after launch.
All existing MARC records will need to be replaced to work with the new site. These new records are available on the Subscriber Services page.
All DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) have switched to direct users to the new version of Berg Fashion Library.
Please note that because all DOIs and MARC records now direct users to the new version of Berg Fashion Library, any user opting to use the previous version of the site will be directed to the new version of the site when using DOIs and MARC records.
COUNTER statistics are available to download beginning from May 2016. We encourage you to update your links and to prompt users to use the new site so that your statistics accurately reflect your usage of Berg Fashion Library.
Existing OUP customers will have access to all historical usage data through March 2016 via the OUP customer librarian portal until 1 May 2017.
Please note that COUNTER statistics will NOT be transferable between old and new sites.
To download usage stats, you will need to set up an admin account with Bloomsbury. Please visit Subscriber Services for more information.
All current standard web browsers will be supported, including:
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Chrome 43+
- Safari 8+
- Firefox 38+
- Safari for iOS 8+ (iPhone 5 & iPad)
- Android Lollipop on (Google Nexus)
How to Market the New Berg Fashion Library Site to your Patrons
Bloomsbury is here to help you through this transition; below are just a few ways that we can help you market the new Berg Fashion Library site to your patrons.
Please contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
- In-library support – A variety of printed and electronic promotional items will be available to you free of charge to help you promote new Berg Fashion Library site within your institution. Ask us using the contact details below.
- Increase your usage – we would be happy to provide you with an email template, which you can then use to let your faculty know that Berg Fashion Library has relaunched. To request materials please contact us using details below.
- Training opportunities – we can consider arranging on-site or remote web-based training. Please contact us to enquire using details below.
- Guided tour – a guided tour will be available on the site after launch. Sign up to our mailing list at www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com/contact-us to be alerted when it’s live, or for other news and offers.
Use the online form or email:
North America: OnlineSalesUS@bloomsbury.com
Australia/New Zealand: OnlineSalesANZ@bloomsbury.com
UK/Rest of world: OnlineSalesUK@bloomsbury.com