- How can I rent eBooks? What are the pricing options and for what periods can I rent?
- Searching titles to rent or purchase
- What is the difference between renting and purchasing an eBook?
- Location of Purchased or Rented Titles
- My rental period is about to expire. Can I renew?
- I dropped my class or no longer need my eBook, can I get a refund?
You can rent eBooks through the Fairchild Books bookstore. From the Fairchild Books bookstore page, you can search or browse to find the book you need. Please visit the particular book’s webpage on Fairchild Books and select the rental period that interests you in the rental module located on the right hand side of the page. You can rent a title for 6 months or 12 months.
The search bar can be accessed at the top of the Fairchild Books Store homepage:
Buying a perpetual eBook license entitles you to permanent access of that book in the form of an Adobe Digital Editions-compatible PDF file with no expiration date. Buying an eBook rental will limit your time to access the eBook to the term purchased (either 6 months or 12 months).
Your purchased or rented eBooks can be found on the right-hand side of your homepage when you are logged into your personal account. Hover over your username to find the drop-down button, 'My Course Materials'. Click this button to view your eBooks.
My Course Materials:
Yes, you can re-purchase instant access for another 12 months.
You cannot receive a refund on digital materials. Please see the “Renting An Ebook Or Other Digital Content” section in our Terms & Conditions for more information.